Belfast has been transformed over the last decade. The once desolate Cathedral Quarter is now attracting thousands of revelers every week. The Titanic Quarter is seeing massive investment by companies overseas and local. It seems every other day a new bar or restaurant is popping up.
But we can do more. Belfast city centre has one of the lowest occupancy rates of any city in the UK or Ireland. How do we attract people to live in the city centre? How do we make Belfast an attractive city for tourists and investment? How do we make the city more livable for its residents?
In partnership with Queen’s University Belfast we have assembled an expert panel to discuss their vision for our great city. The panel are:
- Professor Greg Keeffe, Professor of Architecture QUB, The Future City
- Professor Geraint Ellis, Professor of Planning QUB, Health and the City
- Professor Hugh Ellis, Head of Policy, Town and Country Planning Association, Democracy and Space
- Mark Hackett, Architect City Reparo, Communities and the City
- Dr Saul Golden, Senior Lecturer in Architecture UU, Business and the City
- Dr Agustina Martire, lecturer in Architecture at QUB
We also want to have a good interaction with the audience so there will be lots of opportunity for you to question the panel and give your views.
The tickets for the event are free but we do welcome donations on the night to help us cover the cost of running the live events.
Get your tickets:
Wondering what happened to the Slugger Salon? People thought the Salon name was too pretentious. Kris Nixon suggested Slugger Sessions as an alternative. So future events will be under the Slugger Sessions name. Sessions sounds more us 🙂
I help keep the good ship Slugger afloat by managing the business and techy stuff. My day job is creating websites and software. My personal site is: Freshideas.ie