This is well worth paying attention to. It’s Gerry Adams getting a grilling from an exceptionally well informed Cormac O’hEadhra of RTE on Northern Irish matters (here), the Stormont collapse and the lack of a senior voice for Irish nationalism in Stormont.
- misrepresents the RHI losses from, at the very worst, a projected £500m over 20 years to £5billion (!!!!) “down the drain”. Given RHI is cited as the reason for SF collapsing the Executive, shouldn’t the President know the basic details?
- says SF “haven’t left talks” – er, but did Gerry say on Sunday that the talks “run their course”?
- seemingly confirms there’s been a talks agreement on a Brexit position?
- appears to reveal that DUP Sunday no show was due to SF not having any new proposals.
- calls Owen Paterson a complete tube [Respect agenda? – Ed].