I’m not sure that the scales fell from the DUP leader’s eyes, but when Peter Robinson fell into his fish pond this afternoon, it certainly gave us all a laugh. And by the string of tweets that followed, his iPhone wasn’t in his pocket when he slipped.
1) The Good Lord punishes any desecration of His day. I’ve been busy these last weeks and feeling guilty that my Koi Carp were neglected.
2) What harm could it be to remove all that algae from the side of the pond and make God’s little creatures more content? So I set about it.
3) half way through making my fish feel better about themselves I lost my footing and headlong fell into the pond. That was the easy part.
4) Getting out of a pond with slippy sides is not easy especially as the water level is beyond the level of my mouth and nose.
5) Call for help went unanswered as family either chortled and convulsed or searched for insurance policies.The FM issue was almost settled.
6). I only want tweets of sympathy.
Responses about slippery slopes, “carping” on about issues and expressions of concern about my fish do not meet my need for sympathy.
It’s a humorous side to Peter Robinson that isn’t often seen by the public. Perhaps the unmediated nature of social media like Twitter is allowing politician’s personalities to shine through their more formal image?