It’s Friday! It’s 3.30pm! It’s Poets Day. You’ve only got another 90 mins of Looking Busy to get through!
The boss is probably going to be ‘off to a meeting’ shortly anyway, but in the meantime, here’s a few more samples of the kind of questions we’ll be asking you at the Great BIG Politics Pub Quiz, scheduled for Monday 25 October in the Black Box.
NB. We will not be asking these actual questions just in case there are any of you that imagine this to be a Coughing Major opportunity to grab the glittering prizes on the night.
There’s a brisk trade in advance tickets (available here) and a few more prizes have been added to the collection up for grabs on the night. More details on Facebook. You can also register your totally hilarious team names here now.
Meanwhile, think of these as warm-up exercises for your political brain? Have a guess – and no short-cuts via Google or Wikipedia! We’ll post the answers in a day or two.
- Who was the youngest US president?
- Which daughter of Zeus was the cause of the Trojan War?
- What date and year was the Good Friday Agreement signed?
- Who played First Lady, Abigail Bartlet, in US TV series The West Wing?
- Name the Latin American leader who failed in a coup attempt in 1992 and survived a military coup in April 2002?
- Who was the fifth and last monarch of the Tudor dynasty?
- Name the UK Secretary of State for International Development?
- Of what paramilitary organisation was Belfast-born Chaim Herzog – sixth president of Israel – a member?
- In which year did the Berlin Wall come down?
- Which French leader said: “In order to become the master, the politician poses as the servant”?