- In what year did Jeffrey Donaldson and Arlene Foster join the DUP?
- Appointed in 1721, who was Britain’s first Prime Minister?
- Name the President of China.
- How many members (TDs) of Dail Éireann are there?
- Name the creator of US TV show The West Wing.
- To the nearest hundred votes, what was Naomi Long’s margin of victory in the 2010 Westminster election?
- Which two men were awarded the Nobel Peace Price in 1993?
- Which Belfast street was the birthplace of Chaim Herzog, sixth President of Israel?
- What former speaker of the U.S. House has a chair in peace studies named for him at the University of Ulster?
- What was the name of Hitler’s dog?
None of these questions and more will be asked at the Great BIG Politics Pub Quiz, happening in the Black Box on Monday 25 October. It’s a charity fundraiser, helping to build homes in Haiti, and is proudly supported by Slugger O’Toole because a) it’s a great cause, and b) it should be a fantastic night out for everyone who likes their politics served with a dash of fun.
Anna Lo, Alban Maginness, Basil McCrea, Barry McElduff, Dawn Purvis and Jim Wells will be relishing the role of asking the tricky questions, rather than having to answer them, and local comedian Graeme Watson will be inducing a few laughs with his political stand-up.
There are some fantastic prizes up for grabs in both quiz and raffle. Public affairs company Stratagem are putting together a humongous hamper of the best political books and DVDs available. While, for our raffle, big-hearted John McCallister MLA has thrown in a meal for four and a personally guided tour of Parliament Buildings. And some must-have political tomes will be jostling for space on your book-shelf, including signed copies of books by Tony Blair, Malachi O’Doherty, David Gordon…
So, set your cynicism aside for a night, put your hand in your pocket and join Slugger in doing your bit for a good cause. Demand is already high, so – blogger, commenter or lurker – get your team together and pre-book your tickets now!
And no using Google or Wikipedia for the answers to the questions above! Take your best guess and we’ll post the answers in a day or two…