Ok – no prizes but 10 questions:
1.Who was the last UK MP to be condemned to death for treason? Arthur Alfred Lynch Fascinating bloke.
2.Where, in 1948, did the Orange Order support a successful unification referendum? Newfoundland nice little PowerPoint.
3. What book begins:
” All nights should be so dark, all winters so warm, all headlights so dazzling”? Nobody got this – Gorky Park by Martin Cruz Smith
4. Which viral video contains the immortal line:
“twinned with Guangxi province in China, there’s no province finer”? As linked in the comments below it’s Newport (Ymerodraeth State of Mind).
5. Which Ulster town is called Talbotstoun in Ulster Scots? BallyHalbert (should have spellled it Talbotstown?)
6. Which Derry athlete has become the first Paralympian to compete in the European athletic championships? Jason Smyth
7. Name the South American country with four letters in its name and a four letter capital city (within four seconds…) – Easy Peru, Lima.
8 What’s Carwyn Jones’s, Wales’s First Minister, connection with Ulster? Mrs Jones of Ulster background.
9. Complete the sequence, 58, 62, 70, 94…- 02, Brazilian World Cup Wins
10. Whose Dad was the Spanish Governor of Chile from 1788-1796? Bernardo O’Higgins
Welsh Nationalist. Rugby Fan. Know a bit about History and Railways…