The spring elections upset the expected pattern of party conferences earlier in 2017, so the sequencing for autumn 2017 and spring 2018 is a little unpredictable.
If you have any information on the dates, times and locations of the missing conferences, please get in touch by email to alaninbelfast AT gmail DOT com and I’ll keep the post up to date.
I’ll also update it with links to Slugger’s conference coverage after each event.
- Saturday 30 September – Green Party NI – Clayton Hotel Belfast [conference report]
- Saturday 7 October – PUP – Park Avenue Hotel, East Belfast – changed to be a closed conference for members only and no media
- Saturday 21 October – UUP – Armagh City Hotel [conference report]
- 4 November – Alliance ‘Autumn conference’ – Everglades Hotel, Derry
- 11 November – TUV – speech by leader in Royal Hotel, Cookstown (moving full conference to Spring)
- ?? November – UKIP – ??
- Friday 17 – Saturday 18 November – Sinn Féin – RDS, Dublin [conference report]
- Saturday 25 November – DUP – La Mon Hotel [conference preview and report]
- 24 March – Alliance – Stormont Hotel, Belfast [conference report]
- 24 March – Workers Party – Wellington Park Hotel, Belfast
- 7 April – SDLP – Titanic Belfast [conference report]
- 14 April – TUV – Royal Hotel, Cookstown
- 12 May – Green Party – Clayton Hotel, Belfast (moving annual conference back to spring) [conference report]
- 15-16 June – Sinn Féin – Belfast Waterfront (moved forward from November 2018)
Also relevant are the NI post-primary test dates in 2017 for AQE (Saturdays 11 November, 25 November and 2 December) and GL Assessment (Saturday 18 November + supplementary test on 10 December).
Alan Meban. Normally to be found blogging over at Alan in Belfast where you’ll find an irregular set of postings, weaving an intricate pattern around a diverse set of subjects. Comment on cinema, books, technology and the occasional rant about life. On Slugger, the posts will mainly be about political events and processes. Tweets as @alaninbelfast.