Today has seen more movements within the DUP
- David Douglas (son of Sammy) will stand for the DUP in East Belfast.
- The party have also confirmed that the current Speaker Robin Newton is also running again which means the party are aiming to retain their 3 seats.
- The Education Minister, Peter Weir is on the move as he is standing in the place of Jonathan Bell in Strongford, moving from his old constituency of North Down.
- DUP Councillor, Jonathan Buckley will stand in the competitive seat of Upper Bann for the party, replacing MLA Sydney Anderson.
- Cllr Stephen Ross will replace Alastair Ross in East Antrim.
- DUP Leader, Arlene Foster also made her first public comments about the new Sinn Fein Leader in the North, Michelle O’Neill today saying “We need now to get to the far side of the election so that we can put these institutions back in place to make them work”