The D’Hondt tombola has been turned and the ministries have been pulled out and names assigned by the team captains. [Ed – and the two Junior Ministers have been nominated too.]
- First Minister – Arlene Foster (DUP)
- Deputy First Minister – Martin McGuinness (SF)
- Justice – Claire Sugden (Independent)
- Economy – Simon Hamilton (DUP)
- Finance – Máirtín Ó Muilleoir (SF)
- Education – Peter Weir (DUP)
- Infrastructure – Chris Hazzard (SF)
- Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs – Michelle McIlveen (DUP)
- Communities – Paul Givan (DUP)
- Health – Michelle O’Neill (SF)
- Junior Minister – Alastair Ross (DUP)
- Junior Minister – Megan Fearon (SF)
Some facts about the new Executive
7 new ministers at the table.
The average age of this Executive is just under 41 years of age.
Emma Pengelly, Jonathan Bell, Lord Morrow & Mervyn Storey are out from the DUP team.
Michelle O’Neill is the only Sinn Fein minister to be re-appointed from the last mandate.
Alan Meban. Normally to be found blogging over at Alan in Belfast where you’ll find an irregular set of postings, weaving an intricate pattern around a diverse set of subjects. Comment on cinema, books, technology and the occasional rant about life. On Slugger, the posts will mainly be about political events and processes. Tweets as @alaninbelfast.