78. We made those pre-election promises in good faith. It was only in government we realised how bad the country’s finances were.
79. It was a complex but legitimate business arrangement.
80. The money was only resting in my account.
81. You try running three houses on my salary and see how you get on.
82. I regarded it as a loan.
83. I had no bank account at that time.
84. I won it on the horses.
85. But the tent is only a small part of our annual fund-raising operation.
86. The banks were throwing money at us.
87. We were hit by a perfect storm.
88. Don’t blame me – I was only the taoiseach.
Heh. [Yes, but what about the 800 years of oppression!? – Ed] Numbers 56 & 3, respectively. Don’t forget to read the whole thing.