One of the features of the Slugger Awards night (places limited! Get your tickets now while they last!) is going to be a bit of audience participation – we’re going to see how close the wisdom of the crowd can get to predicting the final outcome of the Irish Election in terms of seats. Details of that will be released on the night (it’ll be a surprise) but in the meantime, we also want a prediction comp to run though the site here.
If you prefer, we’ll keep your identity secret in the near-certainty that you win the comp.
A few things to remember:
- Your seat predictions must add up to 165 (the number of seats that are actually contested). We’ll disqualify any that don’t.
- Mick had a post up yesterday with an outline of the current polling situation
- I posted something here last week with a few links to the bookies predictions (they should have updated by now) – personally, I reckon that an election such as this, the bookies will probably tell us more useful things than any pollster
- Here’s Ark’s election archive with details of the first 30 elections to Dáil Eireann
- Wikipedia already has a very informative page up on this election
- If you’ve not been following politics in the Republic very closely but don’t want to get left out, there’s quite a good primer over on Crooked Timber.
So, there’s the form-card. Now the prediction form: