The Antrim Coast Road that is, according to a survey by Jacob’s Creek [usual scepticism should be applied – Ed]. The BBC report says that 5000 people voted the Antrim Coast Road the 5th best view, out of 50 views, from around the world. Although there is also mention of the British Guild of Travel Writers in the accompanying text to this competition.. ANYhoo.. It is a great view. The full range of 50 views is here
The BBC helpfully compile the top 10 views from which to enjoy a glass of wine from the full list
1. Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House;
2. Mauritius – Watching the sunset from a hot tub;
3. Lake Wakatipu, Queenstown in New Zealand;
4. Victoria Falls, Zambia;
5. Antrim Coast Road, Northern Ireland;
6. Bora Bora, French Polynesia;
7. Grand Canyon, Arizona, USA;
8. The ruins of Machu Picchu, Peru;
9. Buachaille Etive Mor, Glencoe, Scotland;
10. Angel Falls, Venezuela.
And from the Jacob’s Creek survey site
Location: Ireland, the Antrim Coast Road.
Description: Ancient castles, soaring cliffs, rolling green landscapes and endlessly-changing light on the restless waters, where the surging North Atlantic swirls into the narrow gap of the Irish Sea.