Two senior UUP members have officially given their support to DUP candidates in their constituencies. Lord Molyneaux is supporting the DUP’s Jeffrey Donaldson in Lagan Valley and former UUP president Martin Smyth is behind the DUP’s Jimmy Spratt in South Belfast. The News Letter editorial points to a renewed split in the UUP.NIO poll findings were revealed yesterday in the Dublin based Sunday Tribune which indicates:-
– the DUP`s six sitting MP`s are all safe.
– the DUP`s Sammy Wilson will take East Antrim from the UUP`s Roy Beggs.
– the DUP is in a position to potentially take South Antrim and Upper Bann from the UUP with figures too close to call.
– the UUP is slightly ahead in South Belfast.
– Sinn Fein`s Conor Murphy is predicted to seize Newry and Armagh from the SDLP.
– Mark Durkan of the SDLP is narrowly ahead of Sinn Fein`s Mitchell McLaughlin in Foyle.
– Eddie McGrady of the SDLP is also ahead of Sinn Fein`s Catriona Ruane in South Down.
UKUP leader, Robert McCartney, has announced that he will not be standing for election, giving the DUP a clear run in North Down against the UUP`s Lady Silvia Hermon. UKUP is affiliated with the UKIP .
IT Technical Manager for a CCTV company in the UK & Ireland. Christian, Orangeman, Unionist. Webmaster of Ulster-Scots Online. Occasional blogger on Slugger O’ Toole. Eurosceptic. @Kilsally