If you’re not already on the Electoral Register, the deadline to register to vote in the UK Parliamentary General Election is Monday 20 April.
The deadline for run-of-the-mill postal and proxy vote applications has already passed – 5pm on Thursday 16 April. However, it you will be unable to vote at your polling station on 7 May because of circumstances relating to your health and you could not have reasonably foreseen these circumstances before 5pm on 16 April you can still make a late application for a postal or proxy vote before 5pm on Tuesday 28 April.
In the meantime, agents will want to revise the doubtful ballot rules!
Counting will happen overnight – technically “as soon as practicable within the period of four hours starting with the close of the poll [at 10pm]”
The four Belfast constituencies will be counted in the King’s Hall Pavilions (BT9 6GW) – the venue for the 2014 European Election count.
The remaining 14 constituencies have been paired up across seven leisure centres:
- North Antrim & Mid Ulster – Seven Towers Leisure Centre, Ballymena, BT43 7BL
- Foyle & East Londonderry – Templemore Leisure Centre, Derry/Londonderry, BT48 7QL
- Lagan Valley & South Down – Lagan Valley Leisureplex, Lisburn, BT28 1LP
- East Antrim & South Antrim – Valley Leisure Centre, Newtownabbey, BT36 7LJ
- Newry and Armagh & Upper Bann – Banbridge Leisure Centre, Banbridge, BT32 3JY
- Strangford & North Down – Aurora Leisure Complex, Bangor, BT20 4UT
- West Tyrone & Fermanagh and South Tyrone – Omagh Leisure Complex, Omagh, BT79 7EG