Come and join us for breakfast on Friday morning. Find out what the election result means for Northern Ireland along with a select panel of pundits, politicos and bloggers. We’re hoping to be able to announce the winners of both the Slugger and Stratagem Election Predictor competition at this.
The big questions will be…..
- What will the new UK government have in mind for Northern Ireland?
- Will there be a clear winner across the UK?
- What do the results tell us about next year’s Assembly elections?
- Who is to blame for the appalling performance of …(insert party here)
When? 8am for 8.30am until 10.00 on Friday 7th May
Where? The Europa (The Penthouse)
How much? £7.50 including a light breakfast (bacon rolls, coffee, juice etc).
Format: A rotating panel answering audience questions
Chair: Mick Fealty
Panellists to include
- David Sharrock – Ireland Correspondent The Times
- Alex Kane – Former UCUNF Director of Communications
- Bernie Kelly – SDLP Belfast Councillor
- Brendan McMenamin – Derry~Londonderry UK City of Culture 2013
- Norman Hamilton – Presbyterian Moderator from Ballysillan
- Nicholas Whyte – Northern Ireland Elections Website
- Dawn Purvis MLA – Slugger O’Toole MLA of the year
- Malachi O’Doherty – Journalist
- Steven King – former First Minister’s special adviser to Lord Trimble
- Dr Sean Farren – former SDLP Finance Minister
- John McMullan – Social Entrepreneur
- Declan Allison Friends of the Earth
… plus others from whom we are awaiting confirmation.
With questions from the floor (hopefully, depending on commitments) from Sam McBride (Political Correspondent, The News Letter), John Cook (UTV), Mark Devenport (BBC), Harold Good (Methodist Minister and Observer of IRA decommissioning), Martina Purdy (BBC), with attendance (all TBC) from Ian Parsley (UCUNF), David Ford MLA (Alliance Leader and Justice Minister), Mike Nesbitt (UCUNF), Alex Maskey MLA (SF), Cllr Tom Ekin (Alliance).
We know the panel is not perfectly balanced by politics, gender etc, but we only put this together in 24 hours – we’re open to suggestions!
NB: We’ll be updating this post as confirmations come in.