Don’t forget your ID next Wednesday…

I can’t imagine that any of this is news to any of our readers, but the Electoral Commission is advising anyone who wants to vote in the Assembly elections on 7 March 2007 that they need to bring with them an approved form of photographic ID. Approved forms of ID are:

o A valid British, Irish or EU Passport
o a current UK photographic driving licence
o Translink Senior SmartPass
o an electoral identity card

A telephone helpline (0800 0323 700) and dedicated website ( have been set up to assist the public regarding ID requirements for the election.