After a 5th continuous year of rioting is it time consider the poisoned well of north Belfast’s sectarian geography?
Here’s a sound copy of an interview I did with Seamus Martin of Tipp FM yesterday morning talking about the rioting situation… If you are looking for a shortcut through the whole thing, topics include:
- The lack of leadership from mainstream politics
- A combination of poverty, political powerlessness and a dire local legacy from the troubles
- The poisonous politics of sectarian demography
- “After all the Good Friday Agreement was a long time ago now…“
- “The funny thing about northern politics is this…“
- “It’s not doing the north any favours when it comes to selling their wares abroad…”
Topic: Politics, Society and Culture
Region: Northern Ireland
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.