So this Monday the 15th brings our end of year review. Doors open at 7pm for a start at 7.30 sharp. The intimate venue has very kindly been given to us free of charge by the Duke of York pub likely to be very full, so we recommend that you get there early if you want grab a seat for the evening.
After a short introduction by my old friend and co-author of one Slugger’s earliest special reports on the future of Unionism, Trevor Ringland we’ll set our illustrious panel and audience to work. The panel is Alex Kane, Brian Feeney, Patricia MacBride & Orna Young. Alan Meban & David McCann will be the chairs.
For the first half of the evening we’ll look at the year gone by and try to weigh some fun and light questions, such as:
- Most over-rated politician of 2014?
- Most under-rated politician of 2014
- Most under-reported story of 2014?
- Most over-reported story of 2014?
- Moment of the year?
Then a short break in which people can get to the bar and to purchase ballot tickets for a range of books on Irish politics, kindly donated by the No Alibis bookstore in Botanic Avenue. There are also some Orange Christmas snowmen as a raffle prize which we have purchased directly from Grand Orange Lodge’s Schomberg shop (no rioting please, if you happen to catch sign of them early!).
- One to watch for 2015?
- Party leader most likely to lose their job in 2015?
- General Election 2015 predictions?
- Constituencies: East Belfast-Gavin or Naomi? Fermanagh/South Tyrone-Will Michelle hold on? South Belfast-Will Alasdair survive? North Belfast-Gerry or Nigel?
- Will the DUP be kingmakers in Westminster for the next government? What would that mean?
There are about 25 tickets left for sale, so if you were thinking about coming, you’ll need to snap them up quickly! You can purchase them at the bottom of the page here. A big big thanks to our event partners MCE Public Relations for their support and encouragement.
Mick is founding editor of Slugger. He has written papers on the impacts of the Internet on politics and the wider media and is a regular guest and speaking events across Ireland, the UK and Europe. Twitter: @MickFealty