This session is in Dublin at the Royal Hospital. Panel Discussion currently underway is on the theme ‘Future of Work’…
- Senior Vice President of Londonderry Chamber of Commerce – Gerry Kindlon
- Science Foundation of Ireland – Ann Riordan, Chairperson
- IDA – Frank Ryan, Chair
Of particular interest to Slugger readers is the Assembly’s recommendations on the Belfast Agreement:
- a formal public reporting mechanism on the implementation of the Agreements be put in place
- every effort be made to bring the Civic Forum back into operation to harness the strength of civic society in Northern Ireland
- Northern Ireland parties be encouraged to work together towards a scheme that fosters linguistic diversity, including the Irish language and Ulster Scots.
- The North/South Ministerial Council explore new areas of cooperation that have mutual economic and social benefit.
- Political parties in Northern Ireland, in cooperation with the British and Irish governments and other partners, forge an approach to human rights that reflects the particular circumstances of Northern Ireland and the principles of mutual respect for the identity and ethos of both communities and parity of esteem.
Mick is founding editor of Slugger. He has written papers on the impacts of the Internet on politics and the wider media and is a regular guest and speaking events across Ireland, the UK and Europe. Twitter: @MickFealty