Wednesday saw the official launch of the Dont Extradite the Basques campaign in support of Iñaki de Juana and Arturo Beñat Villanueva.
Iñaki is wanted for extradition over disputed claims a letter read at a Basque gathering including the phrase Aurrera bolie (kick the ball forward) was written by him.
Villanuevas extradition request is based on claims he was a member of a banned Basque youth group Jarrai (succeeded by SEGI) though his membership was during the period it was a legal organisation.
1) Fearghas Ó hÍr (veteran civil rights campaigner)
2) Bairbre de Brún (Sinn Féin MEP)
3) Pádraigín Drinan (Human Rights lawyer)
4) Eamonn McCann (NUJ National Executive member)
5) Bobby Storey (Chairperson, Belfast Sinn Féin)
6) Gerry McConville (Chair, Falls Community Council)
7) Fr Des Wilson (west Belfast priest and community activist)
8 ) Michael Culbert (former Antrim and St Galls Football Manager)
9) Pól Deeds (Coordinator, An Droichead)
10) Rónán Mac Aodha Bhuí (RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta presenter)
Blogging at: http://heartsofoakandsteel.wordpress.com