Out-greening Sinn Fein…?

THE SDLP *really* need to sort out their website’s new colour scheme! Let’s pray it’s still ‘under construction’.

• Davros

That really is horrible !

• beano @ Everything Ulster

barf – noticed this the other day. Says a lot about the state of the party that they have to turn everything green (at the expense of any standards of decency and taste) to try and prise 1 or 2 votes away from the Sinners.

• DerryTerry

Is that green? Looks much more yellow than green, but maybe as well as being hapless Popeye Durkan is also colour blind.

• Alan

Obviously the designer missed all those free booklets that came with the very early internet magazines about what colours went with one another and what ones never to use.

• Davros

It’s a nasty colour that reminds me of the results of an outbreak of Fowl Cholera. When we were kids we were made to take a disgusting tonic called “Minadex”. It too was that sort of green pus colour.

• Alan

*It’s a nasty colour that reminds me of the results of an outbreak of Fowl Cholera.*

Tell us more . . . what colour did you go . . ?

• iluvni

Who, in their right mind, sanctioned the display of that photo montage on the website?
    It looks like the cast of an sdlp version of ‘one flew over the cuckoos nest’.

LOL Alan.

• spirit-level

Anyone care to comment, on the SDLP’s model for Irish Unity?

• Hulk

Me Hulk, you puny human.

• Circles

Looks like they only have access to 2 of the worst of the 40 shades of green.
    Spirit-level: I thought at first it was kind of OK (from the point of view that at least they have done something), but have slowly come round to think that it was probably better of them to have thought about it first, instead of simply going through the set-up we now have and just swapping ROI for GB, and GB for ROI.
    Waste of time reading it in the end.

They sdlp should be calling themseves the Wild Bunch from that foto – shockin’!!!

• spirit-level

Circles cheers that’s your view.
    What interests me is the SDLP’s determination that the Agreement underpins and underwrites any Unity aspirations. Whereas SF’s position is the opposite: Unity First, Agreement second.

• beano @ Everything Ulster

I still thought the SDLP’s vision of a United Ireland was infinitely preferable to that of the Sinners – not enough to make me vote for it, but it’s not as ‘scary’ as Sinn Fein’s vision (whatever that may be).

• Circles

Nice recognition of your ignorance beano ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Although I wasn’t impressed with SFs latest attempt with the call for a green paper – I found that to be full of wishy-washy “wouldn’t it be nice” language and very little conrete content. A lot of imagination, but nothing to get a hold of.

The sdlp document I personnaly found to have no imagination and the only thing to get a hold of was a re-heated version of direct rule, but with a Dublin sent direct ruler.

(Must admit that I only read it once – a second reading may prove more enlightening, but I couldn’t really face it)

• beano @ Everything Ulster

I just thought the idea of recognising Northern Ireland as something distinct, and with its own government (assuming that ever happens again), would do a lot to ease Unionist fears in the event of NI leaving the Union to join the Republic.

• beano @ Everything Ulster

circles, I plead ignorance, but I’m working on the assumption that any SF UI would basically be a simple case of absorbing what is now NI in to a unitary Irish state. After all, what kind of Sinner would admit for a second that even the Irish in NI are slightly different to their brethern in the South?

• Circles

Quite a few beano – in fact very many have absolutely no problem in openly stating how different we Ulster men are from those others (at the same time recognising the different characters of the other provinces).

How about Ulster women Circles or don’t they count ? ๐Ÿ˜‰

• spirit-level

Davros maybe too late for kitty that one, nice try, but she’s got you down as a salivating mongrel, and you know the phrase about a woman scorned ๐Ÿ˜‰

I note the SDLP’s word of caution at the end of the Unity Doc.
    “For unionists to smash the agreement, would be to forgo not only their say in the Northern Ireland of today but their guaranteed position in a future United Ireland”

• Davros

I’m not sure what you mean about our troll spirit -level, but she’s best ignored ๐Ÿ˜‰

Point I was making is that deep down, despite putting on a show from time to time, Sinn Fรฉin and their supporters are as sexist as the rest of us. There’s a thin veneer of political corectness, but that’s as far as it goes.

• spirit-level

I was referring to her comments yesterday;
    The point you make is a fair one though, not sure what the numbers are though in the respective parties, but it seems there are no women faces in the DUP. As to the men. Sorry folks the DUP are the ugliest looking bunch I’ver ever seen. In a beauty contest, take out MMg and SF would win hands down ๐Ÿ™‚

• kitty

“Davros maybe too late for kitty that one, nice try, but she’s got you down as a salivating mongrel, and you know the phrase about a woman scorned ;)”

Scorned is right- about his comments regarding a murdered civil rights lawyer being a “slut” and “adultress” and worse. Also his comments about the other civil rights lawyer deserving what he got- fenian scum etc etc etc.
    All men and women should be scorned by such things, don’t you agree?
    Oh if you only knew what trolls here in your midst in the name of Davros.

• kitty

“I’m not sure what you mean about our troll spirit -level, but she’s best ignored ;)”

Here’s what he means. You are a coward pretending to ignore me because you are being exposed on this arena for the vile sectarian bigoted hypocrite that you are. You are ignoring me because you know that I can at any time put your comments on this boards regarding those lawyers. That’s the reason.
    Oh and let’s not forget those Catholic Great Unwashed comments of yours-cringe wee coward, cringe.

• spirit-level

kitty my prob is I like you both
    Bye the way, speaking as a lass d’ya find SF Gerry Kelly sexy?

• Davros

but it seems there are no women faces in the DUP.

Eh ? Iris Robinson, Diane Dodds, Arlene Foster.

• kitty

“I really don’t know what Dav’s supposed to have said. Let him deny it, or plead guilty.”

What a great idea , let’s have him deny it or plead guilty to the comments, instead of running to Mick to have my comments regarding it- removed from this arena. The stinking hypocrisy of the man is vomit inducing.
    So let’s see what he has to say, other than I am ignoring it? Ignoring it suggests guilt to me- how about you?
    So let’s see eh?

• Circles

Davros: “Point I was making is that deep down, despite putting on a show from time to time, Sinn Fรฉin and their supporters are as sexist as the rest of us”

Sorry Davros – I was the one with the Ulster men remark (probably some kind of slight trauma left behind by the ulsterman).
    And (to put my foor in it again with a crass sexist comment) – You can hardly call the DUPs weird sister women, come off it!

• spirit-level

It would be good for this matter to be resolved.

• Circles

I mean – I was not quoting directly from a SF policy doc, nor web-site when I said Ulstermen, so any sexism (intended or otherwise) should be pinned on me.

• Davros

LOL Circles – I was only teasing you!

• Circles

About Iris, Diane, and Arlene being women?

Which reminds me – desperate housewives is on tonight where I am.

• Davros

Let’s be honest Circles – none of the politicians, from any party of either gender would win any beauty contests ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Ringo

Is the SDLP site not ripe yet?

• Circles

Thats as maybe Davros (although Mary Lou Mc has a pretty face no matter what you say) – but the point is that the weird sisters can’t properly be counted as woman at all (nor as proper party members)

• kitty

“It would be good for this matter to be resolved”.

True, spirit it would indeed.
    So let’s see. He named a murdered civil rights layer an adultress ( having an affair with a leading SF member) a slut, seperated from her family- her husband did not even attend her funeral- these were among his many libelous claims ( some one posted a photo of her poor husband carrying her coffin); he also claimed the other solicitor was a member of the IRA deserved what he got, was fenain scum etc. There are other fine examples of the same Davros, calling Catholics ” the Great Unwashed” he had similar things to say about Bernadette Mc Aliskey- the list is endless. All these claims I make can be verified quite easily.
    I think it is very dangerous for Mick to keep removing my posts on this at Davros request. Because it is exposing certain posters on this arena to a man who is obviously posing as a ‘neutral’ but who has in the past, espoused the worst and I mean worst sectarian bile that I have ever witnessed. Let the people here know exactly what they are dealing with when partaking in any discussion with Davros.

• queens_unionist

wrt the original comment about the SDLP website…perhaps they could change the background to that brilliant election poster
    ‘two good reasons to vote SDLP’ with Dr and Jnr Paisley in it??

• spirit-level

I’m shocked kitty. If that’s moderate unionism I dread to think what’s extremism!
    I’m doing what I can to change things ๐Ÿ™‚

Never feed Trolls ๐Ÿ™‚

• Stalford

hyperlink

Looks like Durkan’s using all his favourite colours as outlined above. Terrible website!

• Stalford

Kitty

The allegations you are making on the other hand….

• GavBelfast

Does the Sinn Fein ‘vision’ of an all-Ireland entity (on their terms) not put the willies up those nationalists who don’t subscribe to the RM’s thinking, almost as much as does the pro-Union people?

• PS

Sinn Fรฉin don’t have a vision of an all-Ireland entity on “their terms”. Sinn Fรฉin is committed to an all ireland state which will reflect the democratic will of all the people of Ireland. Of course Sinn Fรฉin have certain ideas as to how best to structure this United ireland but these policies will be subject to the electorate’s endorsement of them.

• beano @ Everything Ulster

“calling Catholics ‘the Great Unwashed’ he had similar things to say about Bernadette Mc Aliskey”

I’d have worse things to say about Berny than that.

• Keith M

Vomit green, it matches their awful logo.

• Davros

Who is that at the far right with vampire teeth ?

• middle-class taig

Davros

That’s that member from South Belfast

• John O’Connell

PS

Why do they need these killers who use knives like the rest of us use pens and keyboards?

The Republican Movement in its entirety is just a walking threat to the rest of the people of this country, unionist and nationalist alike.

Why do they need the thugs and the bullies?

” April 13, 2005

Out-greening Sinn Fein…?

Belfast Gonzo @ 13 April 2005 04:01 AM

——————————————————————————–

That really is horrible !

Posted by: Davros at April 13, 2005 09:39 AM

Posted by: beano @ Everything Ulster at April 13, 2005 09:44 AM

Posted by: DerryTerry at April 13, 2005 09:53 AM

Posted by: Alan at April 13, 2005 09:55 AM

Posted by: Davros at April 13, 2005 09:56 AM

——————————————————————————–

Tell us more . . . what colour did you go . . ?

Posted by: Alan at April 13, 2005 10:00 AM

——————————————————————————–

It looks like the cast of an sdlp version of ‘one flew over the cuckoos nest’.

Posted by: iluvni at April 13, 2005 10:02 AM

LOL Alan.

Posted by: Davros at April 13, 2005 10:02 AM

——————————————————————————–

Anyone care to comment, on the SDLP’s model for Irish Unity?

Posted by: spirit-level at April 13, 2005 10:06 AM

Me Hulk, you puny human.

Posted by: Hulk at April 13, 2005 10:30 AM

——————————————————————————–

Looks like they only have access to 2 of the worst of the 40 shades of green.
    Waste of time reading it in the end.

Posted by: Circles at April 13, 2005 10:39 AM

——————————————————————————–

Circles cheers that’s your view.

Posted by: spirit-level at April 13, 2005 10:53 AM

Posted by: beano @ Everything Ulster at April 13, 2005 11:07 AM

Nice recognition of your ignorance beano ๐Ÿ˜‰

Posted by: Circles at April 13, 2005 11:18 AM

Posted by: beano @ Everything Ulster at April 13, 2005 11:27 AM

Posted by: beano @ Everything Ulster at April 13, 2005 11:29 AM

Posted by: Circles at April 13, 2005 11:33 AM

How about Ulster women Circles or don’t they count ? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Posted by: Davros at April 13, 2005 11:42 AM

——————————————————————————–

I note the SDLP’s word of caution at the end of the Unity Doc.

Posted by: spirit-level at April 13, 2005 11:54 AM

Posted by: Davros at April 13, 2005 11:58 AM

I was referring to her comments yesterday;

Posted by: spirit-level at April 13, 2005 12:07 PM

——————————————————————————–

All men and women should be scorned by such things, don’t you agree?
    Oh if you only knew what trolls here in your midst in the name of Davros.

Posted by: kitty at April 13, 2005 12:07 PM

Posted by: kitty at April 13, 2005 12:11 PM

kitty my prob is I like you both
    Bye the way, speaking as a lass d’ya find SF Gerry Kelly sexy?

Posted by: spirit-level at April 13, 2005 12:13 PM

——————————————————————————–

but it seems there are no women faces in the DUP.

Eh ? Iris Robinson, Diane Dodds, Arlene Foster.

Posted by: Davros at April 13, 2005 12:13 PM

So let’s see eh?

Posted by: kitty at April 13, 2005 12:27 PM

Posted by: Circles at April 13, 2005 12:28 PM

——————————————————————————–

It would be good for this matter to be resolved.

Posted by: spirit-level at April 13, 2005 12:29 PM

Posted by: Circles at April 13, 2005 12:30 PM

——————————————————————————–

LOL Circles – I was only teasing you!

Posted by: Davros at April 13, 2005 12:33 PM

——————————————————————————–

About Iris, Diane, and Arlene being women?

Which reminds me – desperate housewives is on tonight where I am.

Posted by: Circles at April 13, 2005 12:35 PM

Posted by: Davros at April 13, 2005 12:38 PM

——————————————————————————–

Is the SDLP site not ripe yet?

Posted by: Ringo at April 13, 2005 12:40 PM

Posted by: Circles at April 13, 2005 12:44 PM

——————————————————————————–

“It would be good for this matter to be resolved”.

True, spirit it would indeed.

Posted by: kitty at April 13, 2005 12:45 PM

——————————————————————————–

‘two good reasons to vote SDLP’ with Dr and Jnr Paisley in it??

Posted by: queens_unionist at April 13, 2005 01:09 PM

I’m doing what I can to change things ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted by: spirit-level at April 13, 2005 01:11 PM

Never feed Trolls ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted by: Davros at April 13, 2005 01:20 PM

hyperlink

Posted by: Stalford at April 13, 2005 01:26 PM

——————————————————————————–

KittyI don’t believe you for a second! Davros is a genuine moderate – recently he stopped posting for a day as a mark of repect at the time of the Pope’s death – this is not the behaviour of a foaming at the mouth bigot.

The allegations you are making on the other hand….”

They are not allegations but the truth. So let’s see Davros deny them and then we can take it all from there eh?

• middle-class taig

whoopsadaisy

of course I meant to say “That’s the future Member for Belfast South”

” Never feed Trolls :)”

Ah and a coward to boot, is that right Daivany old boy! So come on speak up you are hardly well known for your silence on matters, do you deny my ‘allegations’?
    You can’t because your denials would lead to proving you a liar, at best.

Never feed trolls ๐Ÿ™‚

• john

Davros

Are you refusing to address the allegations???

Did you really make those comments???

• Davros

John – I don’t feed trolls. Ever.

• john

Davros

I accept that as a yes to my questions

If true,it will be pretty difficult for you to try and post any kind of meaningful arguement to any question,if your personal beliefs are so blatantly sectarian

• Davros

John I don’t feed trolls, especially not this one.

• Cahal

As for the SDLP’s website, the picture at the top gave me the best laugh I’ve had in a long time.

• john

Cahal ???

Cheers.

• Chris Gaskin

Listen lads

Davros is defiantly the last person on this site that I would even consider to be a bigot

He has constantly stood up to any poster who engages in trolling and should be supported.

As someone who has been personally attacked on a few sites I say until evidence is produced then innocent until proven guilty.

Cheers Chris.

• Cahal

John ???

“Cahal ???
    Perhaps you could enlighten us on your own beliefs regarding sexism and equality “

The post is about the color of the SDLP’s website. As for sexism and equality: all people are created equal, except Liverpool fans who are beneath contempt.

• Davros

all people are created equal, except Liverpool fans who are beneath contempt.

And Arsenal and Manchester Utd fans are even worse ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Chris Gaskin

“And Arsenal and Manchester Utd fans are even worse ;)”

WOW!!!!!!!!

Arsenal fans I agree with but not Man U.

How dare you insult the great club that is Man U ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Gonzo

And Liverpool are through!

Bring on Chelsea…

• Cahal

Should be a cracker.

How dare you insult the great club that is Man U ๐Ÿ˜‰

I had you down as a Rangers fan ๐Ÿ˜‰

Queens Park Rangers , whoops LOL

• Sam Maguire

• spirit-level

Probably cos you were there sam, and witnessed it.
    Meanwhile my anger is growing!

• Sam Maguire

I remember the fued too well spirit, but while i’m sure of 1 of the personalities was involved, I can’t be sure of the other. At least we have Mick to step in here, if memory serves the last fued was completely OTT

• Gonzo

This particular dispute has already bored me to tears. Much more and I might do something about it.

• spirit-level

And what would that be Gonzo?

• spirit-level

I’ve lost a friend
    I am inconsolable

• kitty

“kitty – surely the onus is on you to prove your point about Davros or stop posting what is otherwise tripe. “

Of course, all in due time. Let’s see how Davros responds eh? I think that all you fair-minded posters would INSIST that he respond to what I have accused him of.
    AND
    “Listen lads

Davros is 100% correct not to engage with trolls, he doesn’t have to answer to anyone on this site.”

No, I would say Davros is 100% coward, pretending he is ignoring this. Watch how his tone will change for a day or two- as he sweet talks some guillible people here. Than when he thinks the heat is off back to normal.
    So here is my proposition. I will put his handiwork ON this site if Mike promises NOT to pull it off the site at Davros’s request.
    Other option is for Davros- respond to my allegations and save yourself some embarassment because as YOU know I have only mentioned SOME
    of your better works so far.
    So 1- Did you call the woman civil rights lawyer a slut and adultress and state she was having an affair with a leading Sinn Fein member. Did you state that her husband did NOT attend her funeral?
    2- Did you state that the other lawyer was a member of the IRA and got what he deserevd- as he was Fenian scum.
    3 Did you refer to Catholics as the great unwashed?

Now you can answer these, and explain yourself or I can put them here, as you well know I have kept them all this time. Also you more sordid ones. Or you can just pretend not to read this( we both know you have tried this before).

• Chris Gaskin

“As for you Chris, wise up! Who on earth would come up with such a slur on another poster for no reason?”

When I need advice Kitty you can be certain I won’t ask you!!

“Who on earth would come up with such a slur on another poster for no reason?”

A complete nutter!

Again I reiterate, innocent until proven guilty

• kitty

“Cahal – this is a serious site and the serious posters here can judge me by what I write here. I’m not interested in playing games. Too old for that these days ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Cheers.”

Well Davros, I for one am very glad at your change of heart. But surely if your change of heart is genuine you wold own to your past?

• kitty

When I need advice Kitty you can be certain I won’t ask you!!

“Who on earth would come up with such a slur on another poster for no reason?”

A complete nutter!

Again I reiterate, innocent until proven guilty

Yes I agree with the innocent until proven guilty. I would not make such an allegation if it were not true and could not back it up. I am sorry to say Chris, you are going to have egg on your face and will of course owe me a public apology when this is all sorted, is that ok with you?
    And as for advice- here’s another bit whether you heed it or not- be very careful of what you tell Davros privately. And that I will prove to you in due course.
    So, I have made a proposal to Mick about how I can sort this out. The ball is now in his court. Apologies at the ready Chris.

Don’t feed trolls ๐Ÿ™‚

• Gonzo

People with private disputes can sort them out via email and stop wasting bandwidth.

• Davros

That doesn’t work with trolls Gonzo.

• Gonzo

It will if I ban her.

• Chris Gaskin

“I am sorry to say Chris, you are going to have egg on your face”

How will that be exactly?

Perhaps you should re-read my posts Kitty

Ok!!

“Don’t feed trolls ๐Ÿ™‚ “

Are you on hunger strike then?
    How about saving yourself some face Davros and coming clean with your past thoughts? I mean what I have mentioned here is only the tip of the iceberg as you and I both know.

• Jimmy Sands

I’m not sure what you’re trying to achieve here, but I can honestly say I’d never heard the Nelson smear until you chose to publish it here. Perhaps you’d be happier at dannymorrison.com.

• Chris Gaskin

“Are you on hunger strike then?”

Very nice Kitty!

• kitty

“Why do a have a growing notion that Davros and Kitty had a long running and bitter fued on the AOL politics board once upon a time?”

No, like you I was a silent witness to he whole feud. It was over the top, with Davros in the driving seat.

” It will if I ban her.”

Gonzo that is your call. No problem with me.

• kitty

“I am way ahead of you love, you just don’t know it yet and believe me when I say that no apology will be forthcoming because I don’t apologise to people such as yourself

Ok!!”

I doubt you are ahead of anyone Chris, on any matter, just a wee feeling I have.
    My dispute is not with you, so I will resist the temptation to argue with you.
    What a shame Davros lets you stick out your neck like this makng a fool out of yourself, when he knows fine and well what’s coming.

“Very nice Kitty!

Seeing as we are approaching May 5th it’s interesting to see you don’t mind using an issue like hunger strikes for bullshit purposes!”

You are stretching there Chris. Again, I have no dispute with you, and of course I could point out that hunger strikes are discussed around the world on many levels. I would think that it is you, by mentioning May 5th, who used it for your silly purpose.
    Shame on you Davros, for not saving this poor lad from himself.

• kitty

“I’m not sure what you’re trying to achieve here, but I can honestly say I’d never heard the Nelson smear until you chose to publish it here. “

That’s exactly the point, it was so wild and nobody had EVER heard such a thing before. It was shocking, just as shocking as coming to this board and viewing the posture of the person who made the vile and libelous acusation.
    It was of course a downright lie, that Davros repeated at least twice on that particular board until someone posted a picture of the husband carrying the coffin.
    His comments on the other murdered lawyer were just as vile. His comments regarding Catholics were quite sickening. And there was worse.
    It seems that another poster here was witness to some of the awful feud that went on between the parties on that board. I too was a witness. But I saved all the offending comments for a better day.:)

Don’t feed trolls ๐Ÿ™‚

“Don’t feed trolls :)”

Davros, your stance is not ‘washing’. :):):)

• kitty

” don’t believe you for a second! Davros is a genuine moderate – recently he stopped posting for a day as a mark of repect at the time of the Pope’s death – this is not the behaviour of a foaming at the mouth bigot.”

This is really quite amusing to read considering some of the things he wrote about the Pope and Catholicism on another arena. Quite amusing indeed.

• john