Behind the winning score of 66, in second place Omnicampbells [Ed - designated as Journalistic] reached 61 with Quantitative Sleazing [Ed - Designated as friends of the SDLP] on 60 and Stair Gate on 59.
Honorary mentions to It’s all about Will’s … who won the team name spot prize for the ever-changing name that took in Will Chambre’s bottom line, ego and moustache over the course of the seven rounds.
The entry money together with the raffle – approaching £1000 – is all going to support the emergency work of the Red Cross/Red Crescent in Syria.
So that’s the Great Big Politics Pub Quiz over for another year. Our thanks to the MLAs who braved the Black Box crowd to ask the questions, the question setters, the markers, the Stratagettes who sold raffle tickets and their bosses who sponsored the prizes, the staff at The Black Box, the stand up comic who spared us his jokes by not turning up, Paddy Corrigan for pulling it all together and of course to the hundred or so quizzers who spent their Tuesday evening scratching their heads to remember
- Who has just won re-election as President of Venezuela?
- What happened to Stormont on 30 March 1972?
- Which verbose character in Yes Prime Minster was the Cabinet Secretary?
- Where is the world’s longest running civil war?
- What is the maximum number of Seanad members permitted to serve in the Irish Cabinet?