“I captured my first Kerry animal a few years ago…”

Fri 18 September 2009, 10:06pm

There’s a football in Croke Park this Sunday, apparently… Meanwhile, down on the Cork/Kerry border… H/T Vic in Amsterdam…

Tags: ,
Share '“I captured my first Kerry animal a few years ago…”' on Delicious Share '“I captured my first Kerry animal a few years ago…”' on Digg Share '“I captured my first Kerry animal a few years ago…”' on Facebook Share '“I captured my first Kerry animal a few years ago…”' on Google+ Share '“I captured my first Kerry animal a few years ago…”' on LinkedIn Share '“I captured my first Kerry animal a few years ago…”' on Pinterest Share '“I captured my first Kerry animal a few years ago…”' on reddit Share '“I captured my first Kerry animal a few years ago…”' on StumbleUpon Share '“I captured my first Kerry animal a few years ago…”' on Twitter Share '“I captured my first Kerry animal a few years ago…”' on Add to Bookmarks Share '“I captured my first Kerry animal a few years ago…”' on Email Share '“I captured my first Kerry animal a few years ago…”' on Print Friendly

1. percy says:

Brilliant! more

Judge it
    (Log in or register to mark as offensive)
  2. Itwas SammyMcNally whatdoneit (profile) says:

Cork, rebel county? – more like home to the 2 greatest traitors to the Irish Republic cause Michael Collins(1921) and Roy Keane(2002).

ps Offset my bet on Tyrone before the semi-final, so need them to deliver.

3. susan says:

Dear Mr Fealty,

Just in case the subtext may go under the heads of your more rarified readers (all three of them), you may find the enclosed bit of back story helpful:

Sincerely,

susan

Judge it
    (Log in or register to mark as offensive)
  4. Thereyouarenow says:

Kerry may make the Cork men pay dearly for that on Sunday.

Judge it
    (Log in or register to mark as offensive)
  5. kensei says:

When I was in Kinsale on holiday in August some wag had put a Kerry flag right on town of a very tall building project :)

Judge it
    (Log in or register to mark as offensive)
  6. RepublicanStones (profile) says:

Very good. Love the accent from the peoples republic. If your ever speaking to somebody from Cork ask them who directed Goodfellas. There is a strange pleasure to be had in the way they declare ‘Martin Scorsese’.

Cork for Sam. And just to add to Sammy’s #2,

“Rebel county me bollox, yis had one rebel and ye shot him !”

7. Mayoman says:

Of some relevance to this blog, Armagh take on the Mighty Mayo in the minor game. I sooo hope we can make paddy power eat his odds!

Judge it
    (Log in or register to mark as offensive)
  8. Itwas SammyMcNally whatdoneit (profile) says:

Mayoman,

£5 bet – loser donates to Sluggger?

mon Ard Macha.

9. Mayoman says:

You’re on, about time I donated something! :)

Judge it
    (Log in or register to mark as offensive)
  10. Greagoir O Frainclin says:

Kinda culchie gombeenism at it’s best!

Put your hand up if you believe in god too.

Judge it
    (Log in or register to mark as offensive)
  11. Greagoir O Frainclin says:

…..the video of course.

Judge it
    (Log in or register to mark as offensive)
  12. Pius says:

Good to see the minors game getting a mention. Armagh are looking a very sharp side this year, glad to know a few of the boys!

Judge it
    (Log in or register to mark as offensive)
  13. Limerickman says:

Thats a stupid video. Well done to Armagh, great to see them beat those Mayo wasters, that county just produces too many blueshirts.
    Hard to call on the senior match, twould be good to see Cork come through I suppose.

Judge it
    (Log in or register to mark as offensive)
  14. Mayoman (profile) says:

“that county just produces too many blueshirts.”

Strange comment for a man from a county famous for producing too many druggies! ;)

Well done to the Armagh lads, came through a scrappy, but tough game. Sammy, trying to complete ‘payback time’ but can’t find the tip jar!! Can anyone help?

15. Itwas SammyMcNally whatdoneit (profile) says:

Mayoman,

yer an honest fellah – didnt see the game only saw the senior game.

This link below works on my machine – the jar link seems to appear and disappear on its own.

16. Greenflag says:

Well the effin animals have done it yet again ;) Wiped the floor with the Cork crowd .

And this is their 36th All Ireland win . I make that over 30% -Amazing . I don’t think even Brazil have topped that percentage in the World Cup ? And I’m certain no English Premier League have ever reached ? that percentage total in the championship .

How do they do it ? Is it the mountain air or what ? Their continuing success obviously breeds more success ? Nothing new about that I suppose in sport , or politics or economics;)?

Judge it
    (Log in or register to mark as offensive)
  17. Itwas SammyMcNally whatdoneit (profile) says:

Kerry were far too strong and professional – Cork forwards look to have bottled it and couldnt lose their markers and Cork didnt have the patience to play into position before whacking the ball in the general direction of the posts.

18. Brian MacAodh (profile) says: